Playing Microsoft’s xCloud Game on your Android is a truly a new experience and if you want to know how to, read along.Initially, Microsoft revealed about the Microsoft’s xCloud Game back in October 2018 where they showed footage of player live streaming Xbox games in their smartphones.
They played games like Forza Horizon 4, Gears 4, Halo 5 either by using an Xbox One game control or the controls on the touchscreen.
Being able to stream and play console as well as PC games on a mobile device is a dream and Microsoft has made it into a reality with the Microsoft’s xCloud Game.
The game streaming service is officially live now. You can play more than 150 Microsoft’s xCloud Game on your Android device.
All you need to do is subscribe to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, have an android device and a gaming controller.
However, for iOS devices, they won't get access to the xCloud as Apple and Microsoft had a clash over it.
Apple wanted the xCloud Game pass must meet the App Store's guidelines. They asked Microsoft to individually submit their games as separate apps using its streaming tech.
Microsoft wanted to offer the services on iPhone and iPad, due to this, they called off the deal as it will create a bad experience to the customers.
Never the less, if you're an Android smartphone user, let's look what you need to do to quickly try the Microsoft’s xCloud Game.
What do You need to Play Microsoft’s xCloud Game on your Android device?
A Subscription to Xbox Game Pass UltimateThe xCloud service cost $14.99 per month. It comes with a catalogue of the Game Pass games for both console and PC, discounts on games and Xbox Live Gold for multiplayer.
An Android Smartphone/TabletYou will need an android device to download the Game Pass app.
It should be running on android version 6.0 Marshmallow or later and Bluetooth 4.0 or greater to stream and play xCloud games.
A Gaming Controller
- Microsoft is currently working on the on-screen touch control support for more games which presently supports only Minecraft Dungeons.
- But until then, you can use a controller compatible with your phone/tablet over the Bluetooth or USB.
- The Wireless controller is connected via Bluetooth. You can use a phone clip to use it.
- But if it's a wired one use an OTG adapter to fit the cable on your phone's USB port.
- Except for the Xbox controllers, you can try third-party controller companies like PowerA, 8BitDo, Gamevice or HORI to play Microsoft’s xCloud Game on your Android device.
A Strong Wi-Fi or Cellular Network
- Microsoft suggests that for a better live stream experience, you should be connected to your router via 5GHz signal. On a cellular network, the download speed should be at least 10Mbps.
- You know now, what you need, to play the xCloud games. Let's see how you can stream and play it.
How Will You Play Microsoft's xCloud Game on your Android device?
Download the Xbox Game Pass AppFirst, you need to download the Game Pass App from the Play Store.
There might be two apps on search results as Microsoft released the Beta version of it. Make sure you download and install the “Green” coloured one.
Connect your ControllerIf you're going to use a wireless controller, connect it via Bluetooth and if it's a wired controller, use an OTG adapter to connect it to your device.
You can run the run without using a compatible gaming controller.
Finally, Launch the App & the Game
- After you download the Game Pass app and connect your controller, you need to open the Xbox Game Pass app.
- After that, you need to sign in with your Microsoft account.
- Now, select any game which you are eligible to play with your phone/tablet and tap the “Play” button on your screen.
- It will take a few moments to boot the Game.
- If you have saved data of the Game played on Xbox One or PC, the game will start from there.
You May Also Read Here About How To Secure Your Network While You Play Online Games?